- Learn how to surf right outside of Waikiki in Oahu
- All equipment—a surfboard, reef shoes, and rash guard—included
- Choose from multiple family surf lesson packages to suit your needs
- Hotel pickup and drop-off included for a stress-free family activity
Departure & Return
Your pick up or meet at instructions will be emailed to you directly from Ohana Surf Project at least 24 hours before your lesson time.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Family lessons require at least one child 12 or younger and one of their parents. Additional family members may be added.
- If a student needs to be on the same board as the instructor then the child will need his/her own private instructor. Often children 6 and under may be on a tandem lesson, although if older kids feel uncomfortable in the ocean, then a tandem lesson helps them feel safer and is recommended for them as well.
- If any participants cannot swim please advise the staff ahead of time as a private lesson may be recommended.
- If any participants have any medical conditions or injuries that we should be aware of please advise the staff ahead of time.
- If you are prone to seasickness, you may want to take a remedy you are accustomed to using before the lesson (talk to your doctor for recommendations).
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- These lessons are a ratio of 1 instructor for every 3/4 family members.
- All of our written materials are also available in Spanish, Japanese, Korean and Chinese. We will do our best to accommodate, but cannot guarantee, Japanese, Korean, and Chinese speaking-instructors with enough advance notice.
- Please come prepared for the lesson by wearing your bathing suit, bringing a towel and making sure to apply sunscreen ahead of time.
- Most travelers can participate
- Complimentary transportation is available from select locations in Waikiki. Exact pick-up location and time will be emailed to you by the supplier.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- OPERATED BY Ohana Surf Project
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff